from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The state or quality of being libertine.
- n. The behavior characteristic of a libertine; promiscuity.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A lifestyle or pattern of behavior characterized by self-indulgence and lack of restraint, especially one involving sexual promiscuity and rejection of religious or other moral authority.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The state of a libertine or freedman.
- n. Licentious conduct; debauchery; lewdness.
- n. Licentiousness of principle or opinion.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The exercise of the privileges and rights of a libertine or freedman; exemption from servitude and its disabilities.
- n. The state of being free or unrestrained in thought or action.
- n. Irreligiousness; regardlessness of the dictates of morality.
- n. The character or conduct of a libertine or rake; licentiousness; unrestrained indulgence of lust; debauchery; lewdness.
libertine + -ism (Wiktionary)