American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. Extreme indulgence in sensual pleasures; dissipation.
- n. Orgies.
- n. Archaic Seduction from morality, allegiance, or duty.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Excessive indulgence in sensual pleasures of any kind; gluttony; intemperance; sexual immorality; unlawful indulgence of lust.
- n. Corruption of morality or fidelity; seduction from duty or allegiance.
- n. Indulgence in sensual pleasures; scandalous activities involving sex, alcohol, or drugs without inhibition.
- n. archaic Seduction from duty.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. Corruption of fidelity; seduction from virtue, duty, or allegiance.
- n. Excessive indulgence of the appetites; especially, excessive indulgence of lust; intemperance; sensuality; habitual lewdness.
- n. a wild gathering involving excessive drinking and promiscuity
“At least in the conventional, stereotypical, Nikki Sixxian definition of the term debauchery, EMP is a “no rocking” zone.”
“He mentions an area at the end of one irrigation canal known as Gulkana, "a secluded, cozy spot ... (where) much debauchery is indulged in" and offers this parody of Hafiz he heard there:”
“Who wants to live in a country where even the smallest ‘offence’, the wrong garbage, overlapping the parking lines, sees a weeks grocery bills in fines while serious violent crime and drunken debauchery is defended.”
“Alisa, debauchery is productive if your aim is intoxication, but perhaps not so much if you want to be a contributing member of society.”
“Wait a minute here, you don't think that debauchery is productive???”
“An evening of debauchery is allowed when you've spent the earlier hours baking sweet cookies for your friends, isn't it?”
“But their debauchery is short-lived - the Vampire Queen awakens to slay her natural enemies.”
“While most of my trips to Las Vegas were for short term debauchery (of which I rarely participate in since I don't gamble, don't like strip clubs, and don't drink much), I thought I'd give CES a try this year since most of my partners and a bunch of my friends were going.”
““nuns of Theleme” are physically pure: their debauchery is of the mind, not the body.”
“For instance, the country has a laws against so-called debauchery, and violating religious teachings which Human Rights Watch points out was used to arrest 52 gay men at a club in 2001.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘debauchery’.
words associated with the macabre & horror.
( open list, randomness )
A list of words that are odd or words that I have looked up.
Collected from reading
Words that are as fun to say as do!
slang terms for crimes, also words associated with shady behaviour
The new favourite words of people on Twitter.
A script searches Twitter for "X is my new favourite word" and adds it to this list.
thunderfuck, incredible, merp, sara, flopparoo, smother, fugly, buer, plum, canny, nefelibata, cuntbucket and 1972 more...
Words that I come across, and go blank, or want to clarify.
Words as I learn them.
does what it says on the tin, and is severely needed.
Looking for tweets for debauchery.