from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Extreme indulgence in sensual pleasures; dissipation.
- n. Orgies.
- n. Archaic Seduction from morality, allegiance, or duty.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Indulgence in sensual pleasures; scandalous activities involving sex, alcohol, or drugs without inhibition.
- n. Seduction from duty.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Corruption of fidelity; seduction from virtue, duty, or allegiance.
- n. Excessive indulgence of the appetites; especially, excessive indulgence of lust; intemperance; sensuality; habitual lewdness.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Excessive indulgence in sensual pleasures of any kind; gluttony; intemperance; sexual immorality; unlawful indulgence of lust.
- n. Corruption of morality or fidelity; seduction from duty or allegiance.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a wild gathering involving excessive drinking and promiscuity
Sorry, no etymologies found.