American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. A person who habitually indulges in debauchery or dissipation; a libertine.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One addicted to intemperance or bacchanalian excesses; a habitually lewd or profligate person.
- n. Somebody who is debauched; somebody who is dissolute and acts without moral restraint.
- n. Person addicted to excessive indulgence in sensual pleasures
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. One who is given to intemperance or bacchanalian excesses; a man habitually lewd; a libertine.
- n. a dissolute person; usually a man who is morally unrestrained
“The debauchee is less reliable than the merely careless.”
“debauchee," his existence is oddly sexless for long times at a stretch ... unless one counts building elaborate erotic implements as a "sex life.”
“She called me a 'music-sot,' once, a 'sound-debauchee.”
“I have to say I agree with the hungriest of kings, with emperors even, historians, composers, and with every sole debauchee known to man.”
“I was fascinated by his aura: a bit of a debauchee, he knew everyone, had been everywhere, had attended all possible fancy parties.”
“Are they two different men, one a pillar of propriety who stares from a portrait, the other a debauchee and a rake?”
“Lest you believe me a loose rake, dissolute debauchee, with malignity and perversity as my design —”
“When I said that I considered La Grange a great actor, he replied: “And a notorious debauchee.””
““The Hermit of Peking” by Hugh Trevor-Roper — the story of an orientalist charlatan/debauchee grippingly and drolly told by a great historian and prose stylist.”
“She is my only child, and the grave should have her sooner than a debauchee, But”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘debauchee’.
A list of words that are odd or words that I have looked up.
Words for those who believe everyday should be your day in the sun. Follow your bliss!
Words taken from I, Claudius by Robert Graves.
This novel by Glen Duncan, aside from being a ripping yarn and beautifully written, is just littered with words that I had to look up and discover that often his use of the word not only fitted per...
hard word word 4 strong vocab
Looking for tweets for debauchee.