from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. One who violates (a rule, a boundary, another person's body, etc.)
- n. In the publishing and packaging industries, a visual element that intentionally "violates" the underlying design, such as a starburst, color bar or "splat" on a product package or magazine cover intended to attract special attention.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One who violates; an infringer; a profaner; a ravisher.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who violates, injures, interrupts, or disturbs: as, a violator of repose.
- n. One who infringes or transgresses: as, a violator of law.
- n. One who profanes or treats with irreverence: as, a violator of sacred things.
- n. A ravisher.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. someone who assaults others sexually
- n. someone who violates the law
Sorry, no etymologies found.