from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. the act of falsifying, or making false; a counterfeiting; the giving to a thing an appearance of something which it is not
- n. knowingly false statement or wilful misrepresentation
- n. showing an item of charge in an account to be wrong
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The act of falsifying, or making false; a counterfeiting; the giving to a thing an appearance of something which it is not.
- n. Willful misstatement or misrepresentation.
- n. The showing an item of charge in an account to be wrong.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act of falsifying or making false; false representation; the act of deceptively altering, adulterating, counterfeiting, misrepresenting, etc.: as, the falsification of weights and measures, of goods, or of coin; falsification of a record, or of an author's meaning.
- n. A showing to be false or erroneous; confutation: as, the falsification of a prediction; the falsification of a charge.
- n. In law: The offense of falsifying a record. See falsify, v. t.
- n. In equity, the act of showing an item claimed on the credit side of an account to be erroneous.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the act of determining that something is false
- n. any evidence that helps to establish the falsity of something
- n. a willful perversion of facts
- n. the act of rendering something false as by fraudulent changes (of documents or measures etc.) or counterfeiting
false + -ification (Wiktionary)