American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. An inaccurate explanation, interpretation, or report; a misunderstanding.
- n. Grammar A faulty construction, especially of a sentence or clause.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act of misconstruing; wrong interpretation; a mistaking of the true meaning.
- n. a misunderstanding or misinterpretation resulting from the use of the wrong meaning of a word that has multiple meanings
- n. grammar an ungrammatical phrase
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. Erroneous construction; wrong interpretation.
- n. a kind of misinterpretation resulting from putting a wrong construction on words or actions (often deliberately)
- n. an ungrammatical constituent
- mis- + construction (Wiktionary)
“The term misconstruction was used by the Congress of 1791 ... as misconstruction is verifiable truth ... the historical proof.”
“Barton apologizes for 'misconstruction' of BP apology”
“He had written his wife at the same time, leaving her free to remain at Fürstenstein, or to join him at once and go with him to her old home to see her brother again; now, after two weeks, if she chose to leave, no "misconstruction" could be placed upon her departure.”
“Note the date and the complete misconstruction of what I said.”
“Never in our experience as pollsters can we recall such self-deluding misconstruction of survey data.”
“In this instance, errors tend to entrench “bad law,” where “bad law” amount to deliberate misconstruction of binding precedent.”
“Merchants that accept debit cards "are substantially harmed" by the Fed's "misconstruction" of the Dodd-Frank law's provision limiting debit card fees, the plaintiffs said in the lawsuit.”
“But this is largely a misconstruction of the whole issue.”
“Blaming it solely on population pressure is a misconstruction from theory.”
“Representative JOE BARTON (Republican, Texas): I want to apologize for that misconstrued - misconstruction.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘misconstruction’.
Im savin it for later
cool beans dude
hit me man
Get a life dude
A list of words that are odd or words that I have looked up.
Words taken from I, Claudius by Robert Graves.
Don't tell them they are not real--they might cry.
Looking for tweets for misconstruction.