from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A casual conversation; a chat.
- n. A fabricated memory believed to be true.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Familiar talk; easy, unrestrained, unceremonious conversation.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A talking together; chatting; familiar talk; easy, unrestrained conversation: as, the two had a long confabulation.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. (psychiatry) a plausible but imagined memory that fills in gaps in what is remembered
- n. an informal conversation
Latin confabulari "to talk together", com- "together" + fabulari "to chat" from fabula "fable, tale" (Wiktionary)