from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. the process of the formation and growth of cities
- n. the change in a country or region when its population migrates from rural to urban areas
- n. the proportion of a region's population that live in towns and cities; the rate at which this proportion is growing
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The process of rendering urbane or urban in character; the state of being urbanized.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the condition of being urbanized
- n. the social process whereby cities grow and societies become more urban
Sorry, no etymologies found.