from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The transformation of a society from close identification with religious values and institutions toward non-religious (or "irreligious") values and secular institutions.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The act of rendering secular, or the state of being rendered secular; conversion from regular or monastic to secular; conversion from religious to lay or secular possession and uses.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act of rendering secular, or the state of being secularized.
- n. Also spelled secularisation.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the activity of changing something (art or education or society or morality etc.) so it is no longer under the control or influence of religion
- n. transfer of property from ecclesiastical to civil possession
Sorry, no etymologies found.