from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The act of expropriating; the surrender of a claim to private property; the act of depriving of private propriety rights.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The act of expropriating; the surrender of a claim to exclusive property; the act of depriving of ownership or proprietary rights.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act of expropriating, or discarding appropriation or declining to hold as one's own; the surrender of a claim to exclusive property.
- n. The act of taking for public use upon providing compensation; condemnation by right of eminent domain.
- n. The act of dispossessing an owner, either wholly or to a limited extent, of his property or proprietary rights.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. taking out of an owner's hands (especially taking property by public authority)
expropriate + -ion (Wiktionary)