from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The process of learning one’s culture and how to live within it.
- n. The act of interacting with others, of being social.
- n. Taking under government control as implementing socialism.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act of socializing, or the state of being socialized; the act of placing or establishing something on a socialistic basis. Also spelled socialisation.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the act of meeting for social purposes
- n. the action of establishing on a socialist basis
- n. the adoption of the behavior patterns of the surrounding culture
socialize + -ation (Wiktionary)