Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act of socializing, or the state of being socialized; the act of placing or establishing something on a socialistic basis. Also spelled socialisation.
- n. sociology, psychology The process of learning one’s culture and how to live within it.
- n. The act of interacting with others, of being social.
- n. Taking under government control as implementing socialism.
- n. the act of meeting for social purposes
- n. the action of establishing on a socialist basis
- n. the adoption of the behavior patterns of the surrounding culture
- socialize + -ation (Wiktionary)
“Does the term socialization have any meaning anymore?”
“Further, while the term socialization certainly doesn't mean socialism quite the opposite! is nonetheless a bold and provocative term for the Pope to use.”
“Midwifery—i.e., the delivery of real babies of which not the midwife but nature is the cause—describes teaching more adequately than does the word socialization.”
“Why folks insist on love-comedies with love-interests and protagonists who are paragons of healthy socialization is beyond me, anyways.”
“In fact, the process of socialization is nothing but the attempt to overcome our genetic predispositions.”
“I also think that socialization is one of the dimensions where online learning will continue to improve.”
“Senior citizens love their social security and Medicare yet they believe the crap that's coming out of the fear mongering media led by Limbaugh and Fox News that socialization is coming and Nazis are taking over our country.”
“And not just a church analog, although community gatherings and socialization is important.”
“And because liberals believe in socialization, we see this dysfunction as a result of our immoral, racist past.”
“Naturally, global socialization is the only answer.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘socialization’.
A list of words that are odd or words that I have looked up.
The new favourite words of people on Twitter.
A script searches Twitter for "X is my new favorite word" and adds it to this list.
grabbable, retuiteando, leaving, fantastic, absolutely, kurwa, hella, ridic, underpass, hate, interlude, plush and 2369 more...
Another of my random palavery lists for terms and phrases that don't fit into any of my other lists.
Looking for tweets for socialization.