from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Division into segments.
- n. Embryology See cleavage.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The act or an instance of dividing into segments.
- n. The state of being divided into segments.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The act or process of dividing into segments; specifically (Biol.), a self-division into segments as a result of growth; cell cleavage; cell multiplication; endogenous cell formation.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act of cutting into segments; a division into segments; the condition of being divided into segments; the manner in which a segmented part is divided.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. (embryology) the repeated division of a fertilised ovum
- n. the act of dividing or partitioning; separation by the creation of a boundary that divides or keeps apart
Sorry, no etymologies found.