from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Excitation of one's own or another's genital organs, usually to orgasm, by manual contact or means other than sexual intercourse.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Manual erotic stimulation of the genitals or other erotic regions, often to orgasm, either by oneself or a partner.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The act of masturbating; sexual self-gratification; onanism.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Self-defilement; onanism.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. manual stimulation of the genital organs (of yourself or another) for sexual pleasure
From Middle French masturbation, from Latin verb masturbor, conjectured to have originated from a contraction of manus ("hand") and turbō ("disturb, throw into confusion"). (Wiktionary)