American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. Excitation of one's own or another's genital organs, usually to orgasm, by manual contact or means other than sexual intercourse.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Self-defilement; onanism.
- n. Manual erotic stimulation of the genitals or other erotic regions, often to orgasm, either by oneself or a partner.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. The act of masturbating; sexual self-gratification; onanism.
- n. manual stimulation of the genital organs (of yourself or another) for sexual pleasure
- From Middle French masturbation, from Latin verb masturbor, conjectured to have originated from a contraction of manus ("hand") and turbō ("disturb, throw into confusion"). (Wiktionary)
“On the eve of the moratorium, TNT had to apologize when, on its NBA pregame show, actor Tracy Morgan used Palin's name in the same sentence with the word "masturbation.”
“But I do think this exercise in mental masturbation is selling the genuine time and effort necessary to writing a novel, way too short.”
“Instead of telling people that masturbation is bad and dirty, tell them it is healthy and normal.”
“If we accept “masturbation is natural” then we examine masturabation habits and we find a distribution iwth a mean and that becomes “normal” and people who are too many standard deviations away from that mean come to be seen as aberrant or ill.”
“I have not read the paper, but I hope that the term "mathematical masturbation" is in response to poor modeling, or even misuse of math, and not due to the writer's "mathematical ineptness.”
“O'Donnell made headlines today not just for her win but for an unearthed segment from "Politically Incorrect" in 1998 where she outlines her conservative Christian beliefs including her opinion that masturbation is adultery.”
“The "I Am Christine O'Donnell" Pledge â¢ I think masturbation is selfish and impure.”
“Delaware senate candidate Christine O'Donnell, a woman who once dabbled in witchcraft, couldn't make a living, and believes masturbation is adultery.”
“You could also say that running to become a member of a legislative body that helps to run the world's only superpower, even though you don't seem to have read its constitution, or anything else, except perhaps a pamphlet on witchcraft for beginners, and another one on how masturbation is almost as sinful as providing affordable healthcare for poor people, is quite an energetic thing to do.”
“What next, are they going to tell us masturbation is murder because of the wasted sperm?”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘masturbation’.
A collection of words about doing the nasty.
Words pertaining to sex.
Looking for tweets for masturbation.