from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The act of rubbing against the body of another person, as in a crowd, to attain sexual gratification.
- n. A method of making a design by placing a piece of paper on top of an object and then rubbing over it, as with a pencil or charcoal.
- n. A design so made.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To rub, especially to rub onto one surface placed upon another surface that is textured, in order to create a mottled or patterned area on the first surface.
- n. A method of making an image by placing a piece of paper against an object and then rubbing over it, usually with a pencil or charcoal.
- n. An image so made.
- n. The practice of rubbing parts of the body against those of a consenting partner for sexual stimulation.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. masturbation by rubbing against another person (as in a crowd)
French, from frotter, to rub, from Old French froter.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From French frotter (to rub). (Wiktionary)