from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The process or procedure for allocating things, especially money or other resources.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The act of putting one thing to another; a placing; disposition; arrangement.
- n. An allotment or apportionment.
- n. The admission of an item in an account, or an allowance made upon an account; -- a term used in the English exchequer.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act of allocating, allotting, or assigning; allotment; assignment; apportionment: as, the allocation of shares in a public company.
- n. . An allowance made upon accounts in the exchequer.
- n. The act of locating or fixing in place; the state of being located or fixed; disposition; arrangement.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a share set aside for a specific purpose
- n. the act of distributing by allotting or apportioning; distribution according to a plan
- n. (computer science) the assignment of particular areas of a magnetic disk to particular data or instructions
You'll see that not much of that higher allocation is actually spent on the Special Ed student who needs it.
The bond allocation is primarily in two Pimco funds — 20% in Pimco Total Return, which buys various types of bonds, including government and corporate bonds, and 15% in Pimco Low Duration, which has two-thirds of its portfolio in bonds that mature in less than three years.
A key aim of asset allocation is to invest across a range of sectors, countries and asset classes that earn decent returns but are relatively uncorrelated.
Just took LIII, and dynamic allocation is well-burned into my mind.
Now your cash allocation is much higher than you wanted it to be.
The biggest single allocation is $24 million for a renewable energy grant program.
The funding allocation is mostly out of the hands of the PSRC.
"Focus on appropriate long-term allocation and stick with that through all the ups and downs," says Sheryl Garrett , a fee-only financial planner in Shawnee Mission, Kan.
Achieving the right asset allocation is widely considered key to a successful portfolio.
Different firms have different thresholds for when to make those changes; some do it quarterly, others do it when the asset allocation is off by a certain margin.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.