from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The act of repositing or the condition of being reposited.
- n. The return of something, such as a bone, to its proper position.
- transitive v. To place or put in a new position; position again.
- transitive v. To update or change the marketing of (a product or service).
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To put into a new position
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The act of repositing; a laying up.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act of repositing, or laying up in safety.
- n. The act of replacing, or restoring to its normal position; reduction.
- n. In Scots law, retrocession, or the returning back of a right from the assignee to the person granting the right.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. change place or direction
- v. place into another position
- n. depositing in a warehouse
Sorry, no etymologies found.