from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A health professional, such as a physician, psychiatrist, psychologist, or nurse, involved in clinical practice, as distinguished from one specializing in research.
- n. A health professional who practices at a clinic.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A healthcare provider working in a clinic or hospital.
- n. A medical resident working as an intern in a clinic or hospital during clinical rotations.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who makes a practical study of disease in the persons of those afflicted by it.
- n. A practical physician whose methods are based on experience rather than on theory; also, a teacher of medicine whose method of instruction is clinical rather than didactic.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a practitioner (of medicine or psychology) who does clinical work instead of laboratory experiments
French clinicien, from clinique, clinic; see clinic.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)