from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A woman who does needlework, especially a seamstress.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A woman who works with a needle; a female embroiderer, sewer, etc.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A woman who does needlework; a seamstress.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A woman who is an expert in sewing or embroidery, or one whose business is sewing or embroidery; specifically, a woman who earns a living by sewing; a seamstress.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. someone who makes or mends dresses
Sorry, no etymologies found.