from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A mathematician specializing in statistics.
- n. A compiler of statistical data.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A person who compiles, interprets, or studies statistics
- n. a mathematician with a specialty of statistics
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One versed in statistics; one who collects and classifies facts for statistics.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who is versed in or collects statistics.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. someone versed in the collection and interpretation of numerical data (especially someone who uses statistics to calculate insurance premiums)
- n. a mathematician who specializes in statistics
Sorry, no etymologies found.