American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. A mathematician specializing in statistics.
- n. A compiler of statistical data.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who is versed in or collects statistics.
- n. A person who compiles, interprets, or studies statistics
- n. mathematics a mathematician with a specialty of statistics
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. One versed in statistics; one who collects and classifies facts for statistics.
- n. someone versed in the collection and interpretation of numerical data (especially someone who uses statistics to calculate insurance premiums)
- n. a mathematician who specializes in statistics
“Before leaving this subject of Why a Census, and turning to ways and means, I would like to make the point that the statistician is the agent of those who want statistics.”
“Good point – some crazy statistician is trying to claim that 16% of the worlds population is Chinese.”
“A data-driven computational approach developed by a University of Illinois statistician is revealing secrets about inner Earth and discovering unique gene expressions in fruit flies, zebra fish and other living organisms.”
“John Lott, an economist and statistician from the Yale Law School now with the American Enterprise Institute, studied spoilage rates in Florida by county in the 1992, 1996 and 2000 presidential elections and compared them with demographic changes in county populations.”
“But, the statistician is concerned with life not with death, and with the human, social and economic facts and conditions of life.”
“Now, I understand that you are not a statistician, which is fine, no one is a master of every discipline, and it seems that few dendroclimatologists are statisticians.”
“I don't particularly want to be identified as a statistician and there is no danger of it.”
“In fact, this morning Gerry Richman had said the statistician might be his last live witness.”
“TUCHMAN: The Democrats also called a statistician to the stand, who testified he felt a much higher percentage of punch-card ballots were without presidential votes than other ballots.”
“They called a statistician yesterday to make that point.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘statistician’.
Use these and get promoted
Words for people who like to hide ideas, objects, and other living things
Looking for tweets for statistician.