from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A device used on an aircraft to keep the wings and propeller free from ice or to remove ice after it has formed.
- n. A compound, such as ethylene glycol, used to prevent the formation of ice, as on windshields.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Chemical substance to melt ice or snow deposited on roads, vehicles or other surfaces.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. a devie that removes ice or frost (as from a windshield or a refrigerator or the wings of an airplane).
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. heater that removes ice or frost (as from a windshield or a refrigerator or the wings of an airplane)
From de- + ice + -er (Wiktionary)