from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of, relating to, or located on the left.
- adj. Relating to, designed for, or done with the left hand.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. of, relating to, or located on the left
- adj. designed for use by the left hand
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Situated on the left; nearer the left hand than the right
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Situated or located on one's left side; found near the left of: as, one's left-hand man.
- Left-handed; sinister; inauspicious; unlucky; unfavorable.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. located on or directed toward the left
- adj. intended for the left hand
- n. the hand that is on the left side of the body
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Label the left-hand column “Pros,” then below it write down how your feelings of unworthiness are helping you or others around you.
Label the left-hand column “Things I’m Happy With.”
So, I've been doing some updating of the links down the left-hand side, trying to spruce the place up a bit.
In short, MM says that the value of the firm is determined on the left-hand side of the balance sheet, as the expected present value of the cash flows from operations.
I think: I'll have bushes on the left-hand side where she's walking because that's more frightening than the open fields, and then on the right I'm going to have some of those distorted trees you get in East Anglia, distorted by the winds – some of them look like witches, waving witches' arms; very sinister.
He started brightly, too, by becoming one of only two players to make birdie on Saturday on the 1st, where the pin was tucked barely the length of a club handle from the left-hand edge of the green.
Maribor had the chance to put their visitors under pressure with a free-kick 25 yards out and, again, Mezga was not too far away with an effort that fizzed past McGregor's left-hand post.
They're located on the left-hand side in convenient "click on this and you go there" format.
Pavlyuchenko hammers it, not particularly artfully, into the left-hand side of the net.
He and Lupu, however, were not an ideal partnership; Lupu dances to the beat of a different drummer a beat he sometimes literally illustrated with little left-hand conducting gestures of his own, and his unevenness made Noseda strive all the more for a clarity that in the second movement degenerated into near plodding.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.