from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of, relating to, or located on the left.
- adj. Relating to, designed for, or done with the left hand.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. of, relating to, or located on the left
- adj. designed for use by the left hand
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Situated on the left; nearer the left hand than the right
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Situated or located on one's left side; found near the left of: as, one's left-hand man.
- Left-handed; sinister; inauspicious; unlucky; unfavorable.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the hand that is on the left side of the body
- adj. located on or directed toward the left
- adj. intended for the left hand
Sorry, no etymologies found.