from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A type of glove that extends over the hand but only partially covers the fingers.
- n. A mitten.
- n. Baseball A large, padded, protective leather glove, usually with one sheath for the thumb and one undivided sheath for the remaining fingers, used by catchers and first basemen.
- n. Slang A hand or fist.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A mitten
- n. An oversized, protective glove such as an oven mitt or a baseball mitt.
- n. A hand.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A mitten; also, a covering for the wrist and hand and not for the fingers, usually worn by women.
- n. A large glove, usually made of leather or similar material, with differing degrees of padding and usually some form of webbing in the large space between the thumb insert and the insert for the index finger; a baseball glove. It is used to assist in catching the baseball. The catcher's mitt has more padding and less webbing.
- n. A hand; -- used mostly in slang expressions
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Same as mitten.
- n. A sort of glove without fingers, or with very short fingers.
- n. Something resembling a mitt.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the (prehensile) extremity of the superior limb
- n. the handwear used by fielders in playing baseball
December 3rd, 2009 11: 23 am ET what mitt is saying is give more tax breaks to the rich and trickle down will work did not give it time in 1980, i wonder how many jobs his company help set up oveseas in the last year
July 16th, 2009 1: 07 pm ET who cares what these idiots do – republicans are in the past mitt is out of touch and out of date – sarah – well, we all know about sarah.
The oven mitt is also cotton and follows the same styling.
i think that photo with the dude holding the sandwich in his giant mitt is my favorite photo ever posted on the site …
They're over-watching the Iraqi forces here and they're also doing what called mitt or MTT, military training teams.
Ser du, jag är gammal vorden, stiger snart i högen in; 22 tag mitt rike då, o yngling! tag min drottning, hon är din.
To the mitt is the prototypal Mac and to the right, the latest.
I am 35 years old and I remember playing games in the park where a frisbee and a mitt were the bases.
July 16th, 2009 1: 43 pm ET isn't there a game show available for "mitt" to host?
This cleaner satellite would be maneuverable, have a very large "mitt" to catch debris, and an arm to grasp and tow larger debris.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.