from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- transitive v. To be suitable to or appropriate for: formal attire that befits the occasion.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. to be fit for
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- transitive v. To be suitable to; to suit; to become.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To suit; be suitable to; become.
- To fit; furnish with something fit.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. accord or comport with
Sorry, no etymologies found.