American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. An apparatus that heats or provides heat.
- n. One who heats something or tends a heating apparatus.
- n. Slang A pistol.
- n. Baseball A fastball.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who or that which heats.
- n. Specifically— A furnace, stove, or other device for heating, drying, or warning buildings, rooms, drying-houses, fruit-evaporators, or parts of machines, as the calendering-rolls of a paper-mill.
- n. A small mass of cast-iron designed to be heated and then placed in a hollow fiat-iron or in a coffee-pot, to heat the iron or keep the coffee hot.
- n. In a sugar-making plant, a pan used for the first heating of the cane-juice or syrup; a heating-pan.
- n. In electricity, that part of the Nernst lamp which, in starting, is heated by the electric current and by its heat starts the glower. See Nernst lamp.
- n. A device that produces and radiates heat, typically to raise the temperature of a room or building.
- n. dated, slang A gun.
- n. baseball (slang) A fastball.
- n. gambling (slang) An extended winning streak.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. One who, or that which, heats.
- n. Any contrivance or implement, as a furnace, stove, or other heated body or vessel, etc., used to impart heat to something, or to contain something to be heated.
- n. slang A pistol or other carryable firearm.
- n. device that heats water or supplies warmth to a room
- n. (baseball) a pitch thrown with maximum velocity
- to heat + -er (Wiktionary)
“A Finnish sauna heater is also provided next to the minimal equipment.”
“From Carisa, this heater is a non-singing and home-heating version of a harp.”
“One thing you should research before investing in materials for a water heater is of the opinion that this game diy solar water heater system may not be the best for your country if you live in cold climates.”
“Our water heater is located immediately behind the bathrooms and about 7 feet from the kitchen sink.”
“That said, I think Esperanza's suggestion of a solar water heater is the best possible option.”
“My gas water heater is broken, and I was looking at new ones when I saw the energy efficient ones.”
“Lots of stuff in the full meal pouches and the heater is contained in it.”
“If you are using a space heater — whether gas or electric — please be sure the heater is placed in a safe location that is not on or pointing directly at combustible materials.”
“These are pipes located off your water heater, which is usually in the basement where the temperatures are cooler.”
“These pipes are located off your water heater, which is typically in the basement where temperatures are cooler.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘heater’.
Slang and plain words used to describe the great game of baseball.
A list of words that are odd or words that I have looked up.
includes words of the "Prodcom list"
A list of terms encountered in the jargon of hydrocarbon exploration, mapping, and extraction.
I've never learned how to drive or care for a car, but I recently inherited one that probably needs some work. Here's a list of vocabulary words I'll need to learn.
The new favourite words of people on Twitter.
A script searches Twitter for "X is my new favourite word" and adds it to this list.
thunderfuck, incredible, merp, sara, flopparoo, smother, fugly, buer, plum, canny, nefelibata, cuntbucket and 1972 more...
DISTRACT, STARE, CONSUME
Looking for tweets for heater.