from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Informal A six-chambered revolver; a six-gun.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A revolver which holds six cartridges.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A pistol or other firearm which can be fired six times without reloading especially, a six-chambered revolver.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A pistol for firing six shots in succession, usually a revolver with six chambers.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a pistol with a revolving cylinder (usually having six chambers for bullets)
Sorry, no etymologies found.