from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A metal, glass, or plastic receptacle for the urinary and fecal discharges of persons confined to bed.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A variety of chamber pot that is used while still in bed, generally for reasons of medical necessity or convenience
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A pan for warming beds.
- n. A shallow chamber vessel, so constructed that it can be used by a sick person in bed.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A pan for warming beds; a warming-pan.
- n. A necessary utensil for the use of persons confined to bed.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a shallow vessel used by a bedridden patient for defecation and urination
Sorry, no etymologies found.