from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A blank, expressionless face.
- n. A person, especially a performer, who has or assumes a blank expression.
- adj. Impassively matter-of-fact, as in style, behavior, or expression: deadpan delivery of the joke.
- adv. With a blank, expressionless face.
- transitive v. To express in an impassive, matter-of-fact way.
- intransitive v. To express oneself in an impassive, matter-of-fact way.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Deliberately impassive or expressionless (as a face or look).
- adj. Having such a face or look (as a person).
- adj. Impassive (as behaviour or speech).
- n. A style of comedic delivery in which something humourous is said or done while not exhibiting a change in emotion or facial expression.
- v. To express (oneself) in an impassive or expressionless manner.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. deliberately impassive in manner
- adv. without betraying any feeling
dead + pan (“face”) (Wiktionary)