from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Devoid of or not subject to emotion.
- adj. Revealing no emotion; expressionless.
- adj. Archaic Incapable of physical sensation.
- adj. Motionless; still.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Having, or revealing, no emotion.
- adj. Still or motionless.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Not susceptible of pain or suffering; apathetic; impassible; unmoved.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Not susceptible of pain or suffering; insensible; impassible.
- Not showing sensibility or emotion; unmoved; apathetic: as, an impassive manner.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. having or revealing little emotion or sensibility; not easily aroused or excited
- adj. deliberately impassive in manner
in-1 + passive, suffering (obsolete).(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)