from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Devoid of sensation or consciousness; inanimate.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. having no consciousness or animation; not sentient
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Not sentient; not having perception, or the power of perception; devoid of feeling, consciousness and animation; inanimate. Opposite of
- adj. incapable of sensation.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Not sentient; not having perception, or the power of feeling.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. devoid of feeling and consciousness and animation
Sorry, no etymologies found.