from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The reciprocal of the tangent of an angle in a right triangle.
- n. The tangent of the complement of a directed angle or arc.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. In a right triangle, the reciprocal of the tangent of an angle. Symbols: cot, ctg, or ctn
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The tangent of the complement of an arc or angle. See Illust. of functions.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In trigonom., the tangent of the complement of a given are or angle. Abbreviated cot. See the figure.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. ratio of the adjacent to the opposite side of a right-angled triangle
Sorry, no etymologies found.