from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Removed or remote from others; solitary.
- adj. Screened from view; sequestered.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Hidden, isolated, remote.
- v. Simple past tense and past participle of seclude.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Separated from others; withdrawn from public observation; retired; living in retirement: as, a secluded spot; to pass a secluded life.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. hidden from general view or use
- adj. providing privacy or seclusion
Sorry, no etymologies found.