from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Devoid of or unaffected by passion, emotion, or bias. See Synonyms at fair1.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. not showing, and not affected by emotion, bias, or prejudice
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Free from passion; not warped, prejudiced, swerved, or carried away by passion or feeling; judicial; calm; composed.
- adj. Not dictated by passion; not proceeding from temper or bias; impartial
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Free from passion; calm; composed; impartial; unmoved by strong emotion; cool; applied to persons: as, dispassionate men or judges.
- Not dictated by passion; not proceeding from temper or bias; impartial: applied to actions or sentiments: as, dispassionate proceedings; dispassionate views.
- Synonyms Cool, serene, temperate, moderate, collected, unruffled, sober.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. unaffected by strong emotion or prejudice
dis- + passionate (Wiktionary)