from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Indifferent; apathetic.
- n. One who does not care.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. apathetic, indifferent or nonchalant
- n. such a person
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A careless person; a trifler.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A person characterized by want of care, interest, attention, or the like; an apathetic, careless, easy, inaccurate person.
Italian : poco, little; see poco + curante, present participle of curare, to care for (from Latin cūrāre, from cūra, care).(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From Italian poco ‘little’ + curante ‘caring’, from curare ‘to care’. (Wiktionary)