from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Characterized by joking.
- adj. Given to joking.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Humorous, amusing or joking.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Given to jesting; jocose.
- adj. Sportive; merry.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Given to jesting; jocose; merry; waggish: said of persons.
- Of the nature of or containing a joke; sportive; not serious: as, a jocular expression or style.
- Synonyms See jocose.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adv. with humor
- adj. characterized by jokes and good humor
Latin ioculāris, droll, from ioculus, diminutive of iocus, joke; see yek- in Indo-European roots.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From Latin iocularis, from ioculus ("a little jest"), diminutive of iocus ("a jest"). (Wiktionary)