from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Full of gladness and gaiety.
- adj. Characterized by or expressing gladness and gaiety: a warm, tender, and mirthful movie.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. filled with mirth.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Full of mirth or merriment; merry.
- adj. Indicating or inspiring mirth.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Full of mirth or gaiety; characterized by or accompanied with merriment; jovial; festive.
- Causing or provoking mirth or merriment.
- Synonyms Jovial, etc. (see jolly), gay, gleeful, sportive, playful.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. full of or showing high-spirited merriment
- adj. arousing or provoking laughter
From mirth + -ful. (Wiktionary)