from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Inclined to chat; friendly and talkative.
- adj. Full of or in the style of light informal talk: a chatty letter.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of a person, chatting a lot or fond of chatting.
- adj. Of a text or speech, expressed in a conversational style.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Given to light, familiar talk; talkative.
- n. A porous earthen pot used in India for cooling water, etc.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Given to free conversation or chatting; talkative.
- Conversational and entertaining in style; unconventional; easy: as, a chatty letter.
- n. In India, an earthen pot, nearly spherical in shape, used for carrying water and other liquids.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. full of trivial conversation
- adj. prone to friendly informal communication
Sorry, no etymologies found.