from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A small rounded, flattened cake of food, especially one made from ingredients that have been previously ground, chopped, or minced: a hamburger patty; a peppermint patty.
- n. A patty shell.
- n. A small pie; a pasty.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A flattened portion of ground meat, usually round but sometimes square in shape.
- n. A pastry with various fillings and spices baked inside a flaky shell, often tinted golden yellow with an egg yolk mixture or turmeric.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A little pie.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A little pie; a pasty: as, a chicken patty; oyster patties.
- Same as patté.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. small flat mass of chopped food
- n. small pie or pasty
- n. round flat candy
French pâté, pâté; see pâté.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)