from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A small rounded, flattened cake of food, especially one made from ingredients that have been previously ground, chopped, or minced: a hamburger patty; a peppermint patty.
- n. A patty shell.
- n. A small pie; a pasty.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A flattened portion of ground meat, usually round but sometimes square in shape.
- n. A pastry with various fillings and spices baked inside a flaky shell, often tinted golden yellow with an egg yolk mixture or turmeric.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A little pie.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Same as patté.
- n. A little pie; a pasty: as, a chicken patty; oyster patties.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. small flat mass of chopped food
- n. small pie or pasty
- n. round flat candy
Fred – patty is not even on thin ice – he has sunk to the lowest level possible, along with faux, limpballs, little becky boy, and the rest of the scum.
The burger buns are made from vanilla cupcakes (topped with a few sesame seeds), the patty is made from rich chocolate brownies and the lettuce, ketchup and mustard are all tinted frosting.
The oily spiciness of the patty is perfectly cut by the slightly sweet coco bread - creating my new favorite Midtown sandwich!
Anti-Saturated Fat Man wow the saturated fat in just a single patty is ridiculous … and the regular burger comes with two patties
[Update] Thje goodburger website does indeed say that the crabby patty is available at each of their 4 NYC locations.
The Golden Krust is decent for a chain patty place, but there are much better patties out there.
The best fancy burger though was at the Neiman-Marcus Zodiac Room, a simple grilled sirloin patty on French roll with mayo served with consomme and a popover.
Oh, and I'm also partial to any mint/chocolate combination in patty form. mmmmm ...
Well-seasoned refried beans are then tucked into the center and the filled corn patty is grilled on a dry comal.
"Tin patty pans aren't very romantic," said the Story Girl discontentedly.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.