from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Having the qualities of a good companion; friendly. See Synonyms at social.
- adj. Suggestive of companionship: reading together in companionable silence.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Having the characteristics of a worthy companion; friendly and sociable.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Fitted to be a companion; fit for good fellowship; agreeable; sociable.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Fitted for good-fellowship; qualified or inclined to be agreeable in company; sociable.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. suggestive of companionship
Sorry, no etymologies found.