from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Suitable to live in; habitable: a livable dwelling.
- adj. Possible to bear; endurable: livable trials and tribulations.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Endurable, survivable, suitable for living in, inhabitable.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Such as can be lived.
- adj. Such as is pleasant to live in; fit or suitable to live in.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Capable of being lived, or of being spent or passed in more or less content.
- Capable of being lived in; fit for residence.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. fit or suitable to live in or with
live + -able (Wiktionary)