from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of or having the nature of an epigram.
- adj. Containing or given to the use of epigrams.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. having the characteristics of an epigram
- adj. containing or using epigrams
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- Writing epigrams; dealing in epigrams.
- Suitable to epigrams; belonging to epigrams; like an epigram; pointed; piquant.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Dealing in epigrams; speaking or writing in epigram: as, an epigrammatic poet.
- Suitable to epigrams; belonging to epigrams; having the quality of an epigram; antithetical; pointed: as, epigrammatic style or wit.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. terse and witty and like a maxim
Latin epigrammaticus, from Greek epigramma, epigrammat-, epigram; see epigram.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)