from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of or relating to a disorder having physical symptoms but originating from mental or emotional causes.
- adj. Relating to or concerned with the influence of the mind on the body, and the body on the mind, especially with respect to disease: psychosomatic medicine.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Pertaining to both the mind and the body.
- adj. Pertaining to physical diseases, symptoms etc. which have mental causes.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Relating to both soul and body.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. used of illness or symptoms resulting from neurosis
From psycho- + somatic. (Wiktionary)