from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Relating to or characterized by a tendency to dwell on unwanted thoughts or ideas or perform certain repetitious rituals, especially as a defense against anxiety from unconscious conflicts: obsessive-compulsive behavior.
- n. An obsessive-compulsive person.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Characterized by obsessions and compulsions, especially by the need to perform repetitive tasks
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a person with obsessive-compulsive characteristics
- adj. characterized by obsessions and compulsions
Sorry, no etymologies found.