from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of, relating to, or having bipolar disorder.
- n. A person who has bipolar disorder.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Exhibiting manic depression.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A person suffering from manic-depressive psychosis.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Both manic and melancholic: noting a form of insanity in which mania and melancholia alternate.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a person afflicted with manic-depressive illness
- adj. suffering from a disorder characterized by alternating mania and depression
Sorry, no etymologies found.