from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The study of the origin, development, and manifestations of mental or behavioral disorders.
- n. The manifestation of a mental or behavioral disorder.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The study of the origin, development, diagnosis and treatment of mental and behavioural disorders.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. That branch of medical science which treats of diseases of the mind.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the branch of psychology concerned with abnormal behavior
- n. the branch of medicine dealing with the diagnosis and treatment of mental disorders
From psycho- + pathology. (Wiktionary)