from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The treatment of mental and emotional disorders through the use of psychological techniques designed to encourage communication of conflicts and insight into problems, with the goal being relief of symptoms, changes in behavior leading to improved social and vocational functioning, and personality growth.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The treatment of people diagnosed with mental and emotional disorders using dialogue and a variety of psychological techniques.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Psychotherapeutics.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Same as psychotherapeutics.
- n. Treatment of functional disease by mental suggestion.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the treatment of mental or emotional problems by psychological means
- n. the branch of psychiatry concerned with psychological methods
Sorry, no etymologies found.