from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Medical treatment of disease; the art or science of healing.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The treatment of disease; the science of healing.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. That part of medical science which treats of the discovery and application of remedies for diseases.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. That part of medicine which relates to the composition, the application, and the modes of operation of the remedies for diseases.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. branch of medicine concerned with the treatment of disease
Sorry, no etymologies found.