from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Tending to depress or lower.
- adj. Depressing; gloomy: "Americans entertained the depressive thought that they had ceased to be themselves” ( Lance Morrow).
- adj. Of or relating to psychological depression.
- n. A person suffering from psychological depression.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Tending to produce depression; dispiriting; melancholy.
- adj. Being depressed; dispirited; melancholic.
- n. A person suffering from depression.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Able or tending to depress or cast down.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Able or tending to depress or cast down.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. someone suffering psychological depression
From French dépressif or medieval Latin depressivus (Wiktionary)