from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. of, relating to, or containing aphorisms, maxims or epigrams; gnomic
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. In the form of, or of the nature of, an aphorism; in the form of short, unconnected sentences.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Having the character of aphorisms; resembling aphorisms; in the form of an aphorism; stated in short, unconnected sentences; abounding in aphorisms.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. terse and witty and like a maxim
- adj. containing aphorisms or maxims
Sorry, no etymologies found.