Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Made dense or close in texture, composition, or expression; compressed; compact: as, a condensed style.
- v. Simple past tense and past participle of condense.
- adj. The state of having been condensed; highly concentrated.
GNU Webster's 1913
- adj. (Psychol) representing two or more ideas or emotions by a single symbol.
- adj. shortened by rewriting with fewer words; -- used of texts. Opposite of
- adj. reduced to a stronger or more concentrated form. Opposite of
- adj. narrower than usual for a particular height; -- of printers' type. Opposite of
“Chocolate barfi (makes 20 squares) 120g cocoa powder400g tin condensed milk4 tbsp mixed chopped nuts2 tbsp of butter and 1 tbsp for greasing the dish”
“University of Tokyo was good in condensed matter physics, but I was more attracted to nuclear and particle physics where names like Nishina, Tomonaga, and Yukawa in other institutions were making great contributions.”
“All three palettes can be run in condensed mode to use less space on the screen.”
“The really nice, smooth-tasting sambals contain condensed milk, I kid you not.”
“Tabloid ... 1: digest, summary 2: a newspaper that is about half the page size of an ordinary newspaper and that contains news in condensed form and much photographic matter [Merriam-Webster] neurodoc (Quote)”
“Labour's 5 year term condensed into one hour means that we are now into the final ten.”
“In most situations in condensed matter physics when light is traveling through a medium, it effectively has a slower speed.”
“Understanding the physical nature of the electron pairs that define superconductors is one of the most important problems in condensed matter physics, Lebed said.”
“RNAi-like mechanisms keep chromatin condensed and suppress transcription: It was known from work in plants that gene silencing could take place at the transcriptional level (TGS).”
“They've have been condensed from the Burlington Free Press, where you may read the complete story.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘condensed’.
An attempt to assemble all common typographic jargon.
Adjectives meaning packed (spatially)
contains d gre words
Words meaning short in longitude.
words that give me the heebidie jeebidies
And not so sweet.
Looking for tweets for condensed.