from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Resembling or characteristic of an owl.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. resembling or characteristic of an owl
- adj. wise and solemn
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Resembling, or characteristic of, an owl.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Owllike; resembling an owl or some one of its features.
- Having an appearance of preternatural gravity and wisdom.
- Stupid; dull; fat-witted.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. resembling an owl; solemn and wise in appearance
owl + -ish (Wiktionary)